for the 2020-2021 School Year are now available.
Click on the My School Apps button to your left to complete an online application.
Students who qualify for Free or Reduced Price eligibility will receive meals at no cost.
- Completing the Application: Even if your students attend more than one VCUSD school, all students go on one application. Only ONE application should be completed per household.
- Notification of Eligibility: Once your application has been processed, a letter notifying you of the eligibility determination will be sent to you by U.S. Mail.
- 30 day Grace Period: VCUSD students who qualified for free or reduced eligibility during the 2019-2020 school year will continue to be eligible until September 28, 2020, or until a new determination is made based on a 2020-2021 Free/Reduced Price Meals application. A 2020-2021 application must be processed before September 28, 2020, to avoid a lapse in meal benefits.
- Newly enrolled students and students who were not qualified for free or reduced price meals last school year will need to pay for their meals until a 2020-2021 application has been processed by the Student Nutrition office and they have been determined to be eligible for free or reduced price meals.
- Direct Certification of benefits: If you receive a notification letter from Student Nutrition stating that your student has been “automatically approved by Direct Certification” for free or reduced price benefits for the 2020-2021 school year and there are other students in your household, contact the Student Nutrition office at (707) 556-8921, ext. 50010, with all required information outlined below, so the eligibility can be extended to them.
- Reporting Changes and Applying for Benefits: You may apply for benefits at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now, but your income goes down, your family becomes larger, or you become eligible for CalFresh (food stamps), CalWORKS or FDPIR benefits, you should submit another application with the new information. If you receive a Foster Child in your home, you can immediately apply for them by filling out a current year application.
- Verification: School officials may check the information on the application at any time to verify its accuracy. You may be asked to submit information to verify your income or current eligibility for CalFresh (food stamps), CalWORKS or FDPIR benefits.
- Confidentiality: The information you give to Student Nutrition Services will not be given to anyone who is not part of the school’s food program and will not be shared for any purpose. The information will only be used to decide if your student(s) receives free or reduced price meals and to verify eligibility. Information provided by the household will not be used for immigration-related purposes.