Turn in Applications to:
2019-2020 Applications will be mailed to all currently registered students before the start of school.
Applying online is also available starting Monday, July 22nd, 2019, at www.myschoolapps.com.
If you choose to complete the paper application you receive in the mail, promptly return it to Student Nutrition Services in the prepaid envelope included with the mailing.
Paper applications are also available at any VCUSD school site or the District Office.
Students who qualify for Free or Reduced Price eligibility will receive meals at no cost.
We encourage all households to apply, even if you don't think you will qualify or if you elect not to participate in the school meal programs. The statistics received from processed applications help determine the level of funding our schools receive.
MORE QUALIFYING APPLICATIONS = MORE SCHOOL $$$
- Applications can be filled out online beginning Monday, July 22, 2019. Click on the MySchoolApps icon in the upper left corner of this page. We encourage you to use this method as processing is normally much faster than the traditional paper form sent through the mail.
- Applications are mailed to all currently registered students before the start of the new school year, using the address in each student's school data.
- A prepaid return envelope is provided in this mailing so you can return the fully completed application to our office by U.S. Mail. You can also drop it off at any school site office or the VCUSD District Office.
- NOTE: Faxed, emailed or copied applications cannot be accepted for determining eligibility.
- Applications are available at all school site offices and the VCUSD District Office.
- Applications and Letters to Households can be printed from this website by clicking on the links in the upper left portion of this page. Instructions for filling out the application are provided in the link below the applications.
- Complete only one application per Household – even if your children attend multiple schools, all children go on one application. Applications should be completed using a black or blue ink pen - do not use pencil.
- Once your application has been processed by Student Nutrition Services, you will receive notification of the eligibility determination by U.S. Mail. Free or Reduced eligibility will result in your student receiving meals at no cost, as we do not charge a fee to Reduced students.
- 30 day Grace Period: VCUSD students who received meal benefits during the 2018-2019 school year will continue to be eligible for meal benefits until September 30, 2019, or until a new determination is made based on a current year application. A current year application must be processed at the Student Nutrition office before September 30, 2019, to avoid a lapse in meal benefits. Note: It can take up to 10 days to process an application once it is received by our office. Meal charges must be paid during any interruption in eligibility.
- Newly enrolled students and those who were not qualified for free or reduced price meals last school year will need to pay for their meals until a fully completed application has been processed by our office, and they have been determined to be eligible for free or reduced price meals.
- Direct Certification of benefits: If you receive a notification letter from us stating that your student has been “automatically approved by Direct Certification” for free or reduced price benefits for the 2019-2020 school year, you do not need to submit an application for that student. If there are other students in your household who did not receive this letter, contact the Student Nutrition office at (707) 556-8921, ext. 50010, with all required information outlined below, so we can extend the same eligibility to them.
- Parent name, phone number where you can be reached regarding questions, and home address.
- Student name listed in the letter you received.
- Full legal names of each student in same household, their birthdate and school they attend.
- Reporting Changes and Applying for Benefits: You may apply for benefits at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now, but your income goes down, your family becomes larger, or you become eligible for CalFresh (food stamps), CalWORKS or FDPIR benefits, you may submit an application at that time. If you receive a Foster Child in your home, you can immediately apply for benefits for them by filling out a current year application.
- Verification: School officials may check the information on the application at any time to verify its accuracy. You may be asked to submit information to verify your income or current eligibility for CalFresh, CalWORKS or FDPIR benefits.
- Confidentiality: The information you give to Student Nutrition Services will not be given to anyone who is not part of the school’s food program and will not be shared for any purpose. The information will only be used to decide if your student(s) receives free or reduced price meals and to verify eligibility. Information provided by the household will not be used for immigration-related purposes.