ONLINE APPLICATIONS for the 2020-2021 School Year are now available.
Click on the My School Apps button to your left to complete an online application.
Students who qualify for Free or Reduced Price eligibility will receive meals at no cost.
We encourage all households to apply, even if you don't think you will qualify or if you elect not to participate in the school meal programs. The statistics received from processed applications help determine the level of funding our schools receive.
MORE QUALIFYING APPLICATIONS = MORE SCHOOL $$$
- Online Applications can be completed quickly and easily. We encourage you to use this method as processing times are faster than when using the paper form. Click on the MySchoolApps icon in the upper left corner of this page.
- Paper Applications and the Letter to Households can be printed from this website by clicking on the links in the upper left portion of this page. Instructions for filling out the application are provided in the link below the applications.
- Paper applications can be mailed to Student Nutrition Services, 665 Walnut Avenue, Vallejo CA 94592.
- PLEASE NOTE: Faxed, emailed or copied applications cannot be accepted for determining eligibility.
- One Application per Household: Enter all student names on the application, even if they attend different VCUSD schools. Only ONE application should be completed per household.
- Notification of Eligibility: Once your application has been processed, a letter notifying you of the eligibility determination will be sent to you by U.S. Mail.
- Direct Certification of benefits: If you receive a notification letter from Student Nutrition stating that your student has been “automatically approved by Direct Certification” for free or reduced benefits for the 2020-2021 school year and there are other students in your household, contact the Student Nutrition office at (707) 556-8921, ext. 50010, with the information outlined below, so the eligibility can be extended to all students in your household.
- Parent name, phone number, and home address.
- Student name listed in the letter you received.
- Full legal names of students in the household, their birthdate, and the school they attend.
- Reporting Changes and Applying for Benefits: You may apply for benefits at any time during the school year. If you are not eligible now, but your income goes down, your family becomes larger, or you become eligible for CalFresh (food stamps), CalWORKS or FDPIR benefits, you should submit another application with the new information. If you receive a Foster Child in your home, you can immediately apply for them by filling out an online application.
- Verification: School officials may check the information on the application at any time to verify its accuracy. You may be asked to submit information to verify your income or current eligibility for CalFresh (food stamps), CalWORKS or FDPIR benefits.
- Confidentiality: The information you give to Student Nutrition Services will not be given to anyone who is not part of the school’s food program and will not be shared for any purpose. The information will only be used to decide if your student(s) receives free or reduced meals and to verify eligibility. Information provided by the household will not be used for immigration-related purposes.